MAJOR TECHNICAL CHALLENGES OF ZLD & MULTIPLE STAGE EVAPORATOR
- Multiple Effect (7 Stage) Evaporator with boiler has been implemented at a cost of Rs.8.0crores to handle the saline reject stream from RO.
- Due to major technical issues in MEE and ZLD concept particularly disposal of contaminated salt which has to be stored in large quantity without any solution, alternative option of further clarification of treated effluent, discharge into backwater and alternatively mixing / dilution of treated tannery effluent with treated domestic sewage as approved by TNPCB for PTIETC CETP to suit field condition.
CURRENT UPGRADATION AND ADDITIONAL TREATMENT UNITS IN PALLAVARAM CETP TO MEET THE REQUIREMENTS FOR TNPCB DIRECTIONS - (2017 onwards)
- Upgradation of cleaner production and pretreatment works initiated in cooperation and guidance of CSIR-CLRI
- Existing pumps in pumping stations are being replaced with imported submersible pumps
- Equalization cum pre-aeration is being upgraded and converted in to balancing cum aeration system to control sulphide and thorough mixing
- Additional elevated primary clarifier with Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) is under final stage of implementation
- Conversion of existing aeration system with diffusers in to advanced aeration with aspirators in deeper (6.5m) tanks with special design